you know your period is over (at least for another 3-4 weeks).
OH SWEET FREEDOM.
I went to the Taste of Chicago today with my friend. It’s been about 6 or 7 years since the last time I went. It felt just as new to me, especially since I kinda learned what it was like to attend by going without my mom. There’s such a huge difference between going somewhere memorable as a kid, then going again older and independent. But I digress, this post is about some of the food I ate today! If you’ve never been to the Taste before, here’s some details. This year’s activities last from June 24-July 3. Admission is free, but to get food, you purchase tickets and then you use that as currency at all the food stalls. This year, it costs $8 for 12 tickets. It isn’t a bad price at all. Unless you’re really hungry, or just want to try a lot of stuff, go ahead, by more tickets! But I have one suggestion for you, DON’T WASTE TICKETS ON DRINKS. There are stands around the area that give out free drink samples! Go back to them as many times as you want! Just use the tickets on the food. But anyway…here’s what I got today!
- vegetarian spring role (no pic) :(
- crab rangoons (sp?)
- sweet potato fries
- a monster rainbow ice cream cone! (orange = orange sherbet, green = pistachio, yellow = New York vanilla, pink = strawberry, brown = chocolate)
yes. it wasn’t a lot but after all the free drinks, I was pretty full haha.
I don’t like tattoos. They constantly remind me of Ed Hardy, WHICH I DETEST AND HATE. Preferably, if I were to get a tattoo, it would be of a mustache, and it would be on one of my inner index fingers so I’d have a fake mustache with me everywhere I go….but, I just happened to find these lovely tattoos by Amanda Wachob. They’re like pieces of art that’ll last forever on you! (And to me, not as repulsive or tacky as other tattoos can be).
- photos and tattoo art accredited to AMANDA WACHOB
Here’s a list of things that annoy me!…I’m NOT in a bad mood; I just felt like sharing this… Maybe you’ll find it amusing, or maybe you’ll find we have something in common :D
*these are in no particular order*
- when people DON’T use their signal lights when turning
- large vehicles: SUVs - Hummers, Escalades, etc. THEY’RE SO OBNOXIOUS
- the women who drive Hummers or Escalades with the big sunglasses and absolutely no care in the world
- reality television shows that involve putting a dozen or more people in a single house (Jersey Shore, Real World, etc).
- bros and trixies (jersey shore)
- when people barge into your room without knocking
- the audience from the show America’s Got Talent
- people who complain/think they’re “protesting,” to get something they want done, when in fact they could’ve gotten it in the first place had they actually worked for it
- chunky peanut butter - it’s so hard to spread on bread!
- people who suddenly cut into your lane while driving
- women drivers - yes. I am a girl. but when i drive, i think like a man. therefore this doesn’t apply to me…sometimes
- UGGs and their knockoffs
- teaching my mom how to use facebook
- most mainstream music - so hipster. i know.
- political arguments - why don’t we just love each other, maaann???
- my hair
- my laziness